Thursday, April 15, 2010

Care Package from Home!

It is easy to take advantage of all the accessible things we get everyday in the U.S. Here in Germany, although we have been taken care of in every way possible by the club and coaches, the little things we take for granted back home are a hard to get a hold of.

Monday morning I heard a loud knocking at our door and I quickly made my way over to find a DHL man handing me a package addressed to me. I signed and quickly ran to my room to open it. My girlfriend, Erin, had so generously sent me a care package with all the essentials I could not find here in Germany. Enclosed were two pair of Good Feet insoles/arch support (I have terrible flat feet) which are EXTREMELY helpful, along with plenty of candy, chew (for the German players who can't find it over here....not me!) Choulula Hot sauce, (which I usually put on everything!) protein powder, sport socks, Advil, and yes, confetti cake and frosting which I thought was hilarious! Thank you so much Erin! It made my week! It was awesome to see how much effort you put into such a small package, and you know the old saying! HAHA.



Erin, I appreciate you everyday! It is amazing to think I found someone as beautiful, confident, successful and most of all supportive as you are. You appreciate my silly dreams, support our relationship even though I am thousands of miles away, and give me confidence in everything I do. It is really hard being apart from someone who puts as much effort into things as you do! I miss you, love you, and think about you by the minute.

Luckily, Erin doesn't start working for a few weeks with her new job in Portland and we found a great deal for her to come over this coming Wednesday. (Pending the stupid volcano ash from Iceland!!!! YIKES!) I will keep my fingers crossed and pray to my lucky stars that everything works out for the best.
She will hopefully get to see me play for the first time next Saturday! Very exciting!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Nik. I am one lucky girl!! I love you and can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete